European Union through the Programme „Support to Local Employment Partnerships in Bosnia and Herzegovina“ implemented by the International Labour Organization ILO.
Development Association NERDA
Orašje Municipality, Posavina Canton Employment Service, Secondary Vocational School Orašje, Company NEXUS BH, Company SKELE KOMERC and Company Prima Vip
Total Value of the Project
171.120,82 €; EU Grant: 153.909,82 €; Co-funding of Orašje Municipality and Posavina Canton Employment Service: 17.211,00 €
from 19 June 2017 to 18 August 2018 (14 months)
Location of implementation
Orašje municipality (and the territory of the Posavina Canton)
1. Project management
2. Selection of participants in training
3. Conducting theoretical and practical classes in order to train the unemployed and purchasing equipment for Secondary Vocational School Orašje
4. Employment of final beneficiaries in companies
5. Analysis of labour market needs in the territory of the Posavina Canton with recommendations for improvement of admission policy in the Posavina Canton
6. Study visit
7. Project’s promotional campaign
- Strengthened functional mechanism of employment partnership in Orašje Municipality
- At least 40 unemployed persons trained for vocations: butcher (30), carpenter (5) and CNC operator (5)
- Through procurement of equipment, improved capacities of the Orašje Secondary Vocational School to conduct trainings.
- Analysis of the labour market needs in the territory of Posavina Canton with recommendations for improvement of admission policy in Posavina Canton
- At least 30 new jobs opened in 3 Orašje-based companies
- Capacities and knowledge of the LEP members improved through the study visit
- Project promotional campaign conducted
PROJEKTI EKONOMSKOG RAZVOJA U SJEVEROISTOČNOJ BOSNI I HERCEGOVINI:
Interventions of Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) in the youth employment field have so far been targeting the supply side of the labour market in Bosnia and Herzegovina (increasing the employability of young people) and the matching between demand and supply (mainly by strengthening the capacities of the public employment services). It is clear however that youth unemployment in BiH can only be effectively and sustainably combated if the necessary preconditions for increasing the number of new vacancies are created. The main aim of the “Making Markets Work for the New Generation” (MMW4NG) program is to promote the creation of decent job opportunities for young women and men in BiH. As of 2013 NERDA is a cofacilitator in the iimplementation of a Market Development Initiative for food production and processing sector in North-East BiH.
The findings generated through economic analysis of the SME Sector indicated that enterprises are faced with serious obstacles is access to affordable medium and long term finance. Therefore NERDA established a Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium Enterprises, which became operational in March 2008.
In partnership with Volksbank BH, Tuzla Development Association NERDA ensured a very attractive interest rate for SMEs which is 6.99 %, while the multiplying factor for the deposited funds is 3.0. The total deposited funds are in the amount of 848.250 KM, while the available potential amounts to 2.544.750 KM.
For more information on Guarantee Fund please contact:
Mr. Jasenko Omerćehajić, Guarantee Fund Administrator
Tel: +387 35 274 385